Sensory play is a modern buzz word that gets a lot of attention. Busy mom’s know they want this but may not know why it is beneficial or how to implement it in their home.
Here are 5 reasons why sensory play is beneficial:
1. Research shows that sensory play builds nerve connections in the brain’s pathways, which lead to the child’s ability to complete more complex learning tasks that help them develop a more creative side.
2. Sensory play supports language development, cognitive growth, fine and gross motor skills, problem solving skills, and social interaction. These skills are so important because they lay the foundations of functional adulthood.
3. This type of play aids in developing and enhancing memory, which can make for better formal education concentration.
4. It is great for calming an anxious or frustrated child and stimulating their brain and redirecting it to a better place.
5. It helps children learn sensory attributes and science behind (hot, cold, sticky, dry).
Here are some blogs that give you sensory play ideas:
Here are my kids doing a sensory play activity. We used Corn starch with food coloring and water to make a sticky goo that was fun to manipulate with tools and hands.