Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Breast-Feeding Class



Last night I took a breast-feeding class. I feel that it is just as important for me as a new mom to absorb what to do, how to do it and trouble-shoot as it is for me as an advising doctor.

I work with moms that are having trouble with breast-feeding and can do so from a clinical perspective helping baby latch using cranio-sacral, jaw work, neck adjustments and palate changes.  I can help treat yeast on the nipples and give advice on plugged ducts. But when it comes to being the patient, doctors are the worst and I am no exception!  Because breast-feeding is so important I want to make sure that I am as prepared for this new role as I can be.  So I attended the Breastfeeding Essentials class at Harmony Birth in Campbell, which is taught by two awesome lactation consultants.  They also make house calls, which can be very helpful, postpartum if you are struggling.

Bridget Owen - http://www.harmonymama.com
Janet Dombro – www.janetbabymom.com

I also decided to attend a La Leche League meeting on June 27, 2013 so that I am plugged in with a support group before I may actually need it. 

La Leche League has tons of resources on their website as well:



No comments:

Post a Comment