Saturday, July 13, 2013

Natural Ways of Induction:



I am now two days past my due date.  However, only 5% of women actually deliver on their due date.  Babies have a way of coming when they want to.  But if you are impatient like me and have a schedule to keep like I do you may need the comfort of trying out some natural induction techniques. 

Here are some of the most common ways to encourage baby to be on your time schedule:


Ø  Chiropractic adjustments – my favorite
Ø  Walking lots and lots
Ø  Spicy foods
Ø  Acupuncture – not my favorite due to needles but they can do acupressure also
Ø  Sex – well isn’t that everyone’s favorite?
Ø  Nipple stimulation – you can use a breast pump for this
Ø  Uterine Tonic Tinctures (black cohosh, evening primrose oil)
Ø  Caster oil – talk to your doctor first as this can have some unpleasant side-effects
Ø  Lots of bouncing on a ball
Ø  Massage therapy
Ø  Reflexology Points – helps some but not everyone

I have been walking, taking the Uterine Tonic since 37 weeks,  eating spicy foods as they are my favorite, doing some acupuncture, bouncing on the ball and tomorrow will go get a massage if nothing exciting is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment